Many people who are in an accident for the first time are left wondering what the best course of action might be. The Vancouver personal injury lawyers at Stephens & Holman want you to know that crucial legal help is available if you need it.
Our skilled legal team can walk you through the steps following injury, prepare the necessary legal documents, and deal with ICBC directly if you decide to bring a claim against a negligent driver.
- If a family member suffered fatal injuries following an accident, our legal team can help you get the answers you need, and hold the careless parties responsible for the devastation they’ve caused
- Remember that your adjuster ultimately works for ICBC Independent representation is the only way your best interests can be fairly guarded
- If you are suffering not only physically, but also financially after an accident, a skilled lawyer can help you get the benefits to which you are entitled.
In cases of dangerous premises, our experts can thoroughly analyze the property to find out what exactly caused your accident and determine how it could have been prevented.
In defective product cases, our B.C. lawyers collaborate with engineers to identify product faults and link defective characteristics to your injuries.
What a lawyer can do for you
- Obtain witness statements
- Preserve important evidence and accident details
- Help you evaluate your claim and quantify your losses in terms of dollars
- Defend your rights, represent your claim fairly, and bring to light crucial information on your behalf
Statute of limitations
The sooner you hire a lawyer, the better your chances for recovery may be. There is also a statute of limitations, a time limit. If it expires you’ll be unable to pursue any legal recourse. So don’t let too much time go by before filing.