People across Vancouver love to bike – to work, to school, for fun, for exercise. Our area is one of the best for bike paths and improved safety as you pedal around. Unfortunately, bike accidents do happen from time to time, whether it's a collision with a vehicle, another bicycle or an object. Consider the safety tips below to help you avoid these types of accidents.
- Always use hand signals so other road users know your intentions.
- Come to a complete stop at red lights and stop signs, just as you would if you were in a car.
- Be cautious as you pedal through an intersection, paying special attention to motorists turning left or right in front of you. They may not see you or may misjudge the speed at which you are travelling.
- By travelling on the right side of the road when you can, other bicycles and vehicles will be able to pass you safely.
- As you bike past parallel parked cars, be on the lookout for people opening their car doors suddenly.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle accident in Vancouver, please call our experienced law team, at (866) 200-3575, for a free case evaluation.