As the weather gets nicer, it becomes the perfect time to bring out the motorcycle. Unfortunately, when you ride you're more at risk for severe personal injury from accidents on the road. Motorcycle accidents peak during the warmer months, with six out of 10 accidents occurring at an intersection. That's why it's important for riders--and drivers--to be aware of each other on the roads to prevent serious accidents and injury.
Our experienced motorcycle lawyers at Stephens & Holman have dealt with many motorcycle accidents and can help you if you've been in a crash while riding your motorcycle. We also believe in educating the public to help avoid these dangerous accidents.
Some helpful tips for riders include:
- Practice emergency braking
- Practice obstacle avoidance
- Stay out of driver's blind spots
- Use your signals
- Ride at a safe speed
- Plan your path for upcoming curves
- Wear proper motorcycle gear
Helpful tips for drivers include:
- Scan intersections for motorcycles, especially when turning left
- Avoid distractions
- Allow four seconds of following distance when behind a motorcycle
- Always be ready to yield when around a motorcycle
These safety tips can help keep everyone safe on the roads during the summer months. An accident with a motorcycle can be devastating for the rider and also seriously hurt those in the automobile as well.
If you've been injured while riding, contact the motorcycle accident lawyers Stephens & Holman at 866-200-3575 before you discuss your accident with an ICBC adjuster. You can meet with us for a free, no-obligation consultation and pay us only after you collect. We proudly serve greater Vancouver and all of British Columbia.