What areas of the brain are most vulnerable to injury?
What are the signs of a brain injury?
What other injuries are associated with TBI?
How can a Vancouver accident lawyer help a victim of a brain injury?
Any area of brain tissue that is sharply hit against the inside of the skull is prone to injury and permanent damage. The most commonly injured areas are:
- The brain stem at the base of the brain -- associated with regulatory functions, attention and short-term memory
- The frontal lobe – which controls emotion and personality
- The temporal lobes – associated with memory and language
Brain injury victims may exhibit any of an enormous variety of symptoms, such as:
- Speech and language problems
- Attention and concentration difficulties
- Loss of memory
- Loss of balance
- Blurred vision
- Depression or anxiety
- Emotional imbalance
- Spinal cord injury
- Skull fractures
- Cranial nerve deficits
- Hematoma (blood clot in the brain)
A British Columbia Brain Injury lawyer who has handled cases involving brain injuries will be well prepared to help your family deal with all the pitfalls. We can help you deal with ICBC and other insurance companies to get a fair settlement. In this difficult time, you shouldn’t have to worry about how to pay for medical treatment. With strong legal guidance, your family can focus on helping your loved one work towards recovery.
The law firm you choose makes a difference. Call or email brain injury lawyers Stephens & Holman BEFORE you discuss your accident with an ICBC adjuster. You can meet with us for a free, no-obligation consultation and pay us only after you collect!