When you are involved in an automobile accident the steps you take immediately afterward can have a profound impact on your ability to collect compensation. Knowing what to do ahead of time can make all the difference between a complete settlement and one which fails to meet all of your needs. The Vancouver auto accident attorneys at Stephens & Holman offer the following list of dos and don’ts following a car accident to help make the process easier.
What to do After a Car Accident
Here are some ideas of what to do if you’re involved in an accident:
• Contact and cooperate with emergency personnel
• File a police report
• Contact ICBC to report the accident
• Get the names and contact information of all witnesses and involved drivers
• Take pictures of the scene with a phone or camera
• Seek medical assistance even if no injuries are immediately apparent
• Contact Stephens & Holman to discuss your accident
What Not to do After a Car Accident
Following your car accident, do not:
• Admit fault to anyone
• Discuss payment with other drivers
• Accept an offer from ICBC
• Fail to seek adequate medical treatment
• Fail to contact our office for a consultation
Taking these simple steps can help ensure you are provided with the maximum compensation you are due.
If you have been involved in a car accident anywhere in British Columbia, please contact the auto accident lawyers at Stephens & Holman to schedule a free initial consultation today.